Sunday, August 5, 2018

Bloomlist notes for August 2, 2018


    I was away this week, so no notes, and Bonnie's pictures can be found HERE, amongst
    which is the Common Burdock.






A friend just wrote and asked if I had seen any Motherwort yet. I don’t think I've ever seen Motherwort, but would love to. It’s gorgeous:


He wrote:
Leonurus cardiaca aka Lions Ear ... a Mint.  A powerful medicinal herb used for “women’s complaints” hence motherwart. Leaves: distinctive. Fragrance: powerful ... used to be by the Chappaqua RR station. Found at Hubbard Lodge, just off Rte 9, in Fahnestock park fershure!
If anyone has seen it at Teatown, please tell me where. It’s not on the master list of WFI plants, but maybe it’s out in the reservation somewhere else.

_______________________________________________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment